Tuesday 26 November 2013

The Impossible Made Possible

I've been listening to the Bethel Music album Tides, and there are so many great songs!
One that I have in my head and that I'm listening to over and over is 'Ascend', by William Matthews.

'We will ascend the hill of The Lord
And we will declare His holy word
With clean hands and pure hearts
With clean hands and pure hearts
We will see God

When we see Him we'll be like Him
Face to face we'll know what love is'

As I was listening to these words, I remembered Psalm 24:3&4

"Who may ascend the mountain of The Lord?
Who may stand in His holy place?
The one who has clean hands and a pure heart..."

Remembering this, and then hearing the lyrics of 'Ascend', where it says:
WE WILL ascend the hill of The Lord...

And I thought about what, or rather, who, made the difference.
JESUS!

He changes the question into a statement.
He takes the uncertainty and makes it certain.
He takes the impossible and makes it possible.

It's because of Jesus that we can ascend the hill of The Lord.
His redeeming work that gives us clean hands and a pure heart.
Because of Him standing in our place, tearing the veil, so that we can see God.

Praise His Holy Name!
Thankyou Jesus for making a way!


No comments:

Post a Comment