Tuesday 19 November 2013

The Beginning & The End

As we near Christmas, I reflect upon what it means to me

Of course, it means a baby, a newborn
So human, a little bundle of joy

And I think of any child, and the hopes and dreams carried by the mother and father
What will he/she be when they grow
Hoping they'll do a good job and not mess up

I think of Mary, what she knew, the things she tucked away and pondered in her heart
Of Joseph, and the weight of responsibility felt

Of Jesus, growing and learning in the things of His Father

And I can't think of the newborn baby Jesus without thinking of what I know followed in the years to come
All that He became
All that He is

I think of a mother's heart broken at the cries of a son who was dying for all, yes, including her

Of a Father having to turn His face away from the sin upon His son, knowing that is why He sent Him to earth as a baby boy in the first place

To me, the start of the story isn't whole without the acknowledgement in my heart of the story's end...

...which was truly just the beginning.... But that's another blog post....


No comments:

Post a Comment