Saturday 23 November 2013

Because I Am His!

I've always been a person who looks to other people for approval.
To know whether what I'm doing, saying and being is okay. Acceptable. Enough.
I'm sure many people can identify with me in this.
Caring about what other people think too much.

I've come to realise, though, that I don't need to live my life this way.
I don't have to wonder if I'm okay, if I'm enough by the worlds standards.
I don't have to filter my thoughts, feelings, and actions each minute to make sure I am acceptable to other people.

I can still be careful what I say and how I act towards others, but that is not to look for approval, but to treat people kindly.

The reason I can be confident in who I am and not have to constantly seek the approval of others is because of JESUS.
Because I am His.
He is my Saviour.
He loves me, and died for me.
So I don't have to be endlessly grasping for love, for worthiness, for approval, or striving to be enough.

Through my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, I am enough.
He has made me worthy.

All that would tell me I am not enough and all that would tell me I am not okay has been conquered, has been broken and dealt with, and I do not have to listen to it.

And I've leant that there will still be those voices. The ones that try to condemn, that try to destroy and tear down.

But I don't have to agree with them. I can choose to agree, instead, with what God says about me, and what I know about my Jesus, and what He has done for me.

"In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us"
Romans 8:37

"...because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world"
1 John 4:4

"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind." Romans 12:2

"So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For The Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you."
Deuteronomy 31:6


No comments:

Post a Comment