Sunday 13 January 2013

Mother


Mother

Mother is a little girl who trod my path before me;
Just a bigger, wiser little girl who ran ahead-
Bigger, wiser, stronger girl who always watches o’er me,
One who knows the pitfalls in the rugged road I tread.

Mother is a playmate who will always treat me kindly-
Playmate who will yield me what true happiness demands.
She will never let my feet stray into brambles blindly-
Mother’s just a bigger little girl who understands.

Mother is an older little playmate who’ll befriend me-
Yesteryear she travelled in the path that’s mine today.
Never need I fear a foe from which she might defend me-
Faithful little pal who ran ahead and learned the way.

________________________

To my beautiful mother Lee - I love you

I don't know who wrote this poem, but it is taken from page 6 of Rachel Ashwell's book 'My Rooms, Treasures and Trinkets'

No comments:

Post a Comment