Thursday 10 January 2013

My One Word for 2013


My One Word for 2013

The last couple of years some of the people whose blogs I follow have talked about their one word for the year.

This year I have decided it might be something good for me to try out. Last year was a good but hard one, with being pregnant with my third child for the first half of it, then having my beautiful girl in July and a couple of months later being diagnosed with anxiety disorder.

The subsequent time I have spent getting back to myself and seeing a psychologist to work on self esteem and managing anxiety skills has made me look a bit closer at who I am again.
Not the roles I have in life, but what I like, what I don’t like, my passions, things I enjoy doing, what I believe, etc…

I feel like I am finally finding the real me, after twenty-eight years of life. But also realising that the real me has always been there, but life has helped me to journey along and feel more comfortable and happy with who the real me is.

I want to be me. I want to be honest about the things I feel, the things I believe, who I am deep inside. I don’t want to be a mystery to myself or to others. I want to share who God has made me to be with people around me, to be a blessing and to do life with them.

So with all this in mind, my one word for 2013 is ‘REAL’

I want to be real in my relationships, about how I’m feeling, with my faith, and generally real with how I do life.

No hiding or pretending. I want to be real.

No comments:

Post a Comment